Starting a Relationship
For many individuals starting a relationship, or entering into a new phase of a current one, can be incredibly exciting but daunting at the same time.
When two people move forward towards a shared life together, this often involves the sharing and inter-mingling of finances and resources. To avoid the potential unpleasantness of a long and bitter court battle in the event of separation, couples have the option of making decisions early on about what is to happen should they go their separate ways.
Whether married or in a de facto relationship, those looking to provide certainty or protect their assets in the event of separation may wish to consider a Binding Financial Agreement, more commonly known as a prenup or prenuptial agreement.
Daykin Family Law is well experienced in drafting and negotiating Binding Financial Agreements (prenuptial agreements) in Australia, for clients prior to marriage, prior to commencing a relationship, and even beyond.
Daykin Family Law can guide you from the outset to:
- Unearth your interests and needs
- Be mindful and sensitive to not only the couple’s dynamic and relationship, but where the other person is coming from
- Look ahead to the ways that life can change and unfold over time
- Be aware of any roadblocks, from a personal or legal point of view
- Ensure that any Binding Financial Agreement reached is able to be relied on later
For more information on Binding Financial Agreements, view our service pages here. To make an appointment for a consultation with Daykin Family Law by phone or at our Fortitude Valley, Brisbane office contact us today by email [email protected]